Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Little Q&A!

What Makes A Good Personal Assistant?
Putting all the necessary skills aside like typing, computer knowledge, able to speak coherently when you answer the phone!, a good personal assistant really needs to have the confidence in themselves and the job they are undertaking, as well as giving 100% to their boss, or client.

For me, honesty and integrity are really important, and I’m not just saying that to look good. If someone asks me to do something that I have an issue with morally, I am pretty honest and tell them why I can’t do it. And if that means I lose a client, so be it. But why would you want someone to work for you who felt comfortable with an unethical task and was happy to lie?

What Is Your Favorite Task To Undertake?
Anything that gives me the freedom to design something and be creative. I have to say, I love creating things like newsletters, brochures, designing letterhead and such. I have a lot of fun with it and I don’t see it as a chore, I really really enjoy it!

What Is Your Least Favorite Task?
Filing. Without a shadow of a doubt. It is the dullest, most time consuming task on the planet. Unfortunately, it is something that needs to be done. Nearly every job that I have gone into in my 21 years as an assistant, I have had to set up a new filing system and organize everything. Sometimes that is better than going into a job and having to use the existing filing system, but when you are faced with mounds of files that need organizing, it doesn’t really want to make you do a happy dance now does it?!

Do You Think A Personal Assistant Should Make Themselves Available 24/7?
No. Because then I would be your wife and would cost you way more than I currently charge! When you get a really great personal assistant (like me!), you start to rely on them so much that sometimes, you begin to ask them to do things that cross the boundaries and turn the happy assistant into a resentful one. Like running your personal errands. Getting an oil change for your car. Picking up your dry cleaning. Taking your kids to school, or even worse still, attending events for your kids that you should be at! Use your personal assistant for what he or she is there for, not for the things that you just can’t be bothered to do for yourself!

Why Should Someone Hire You?
Easy. I am the best! Seriously, I am. I love what I do; I am fantastic at it and take an enormous amount of pride in my work. If you want your life to be easier, all you need is me.


My Assistant

0 comments: